Medical guidewires, dental parts, and small precision parts for various industries
CAM.2 Micro-Grinding System GT-9AC Guide Wire Grinding System TF-9DHD Centerless Grinder
P4k Wire Gauging System GFS Feeding System GSR-6 Wire Deburring System
CAM.2 Micro-Grinding System
The CAM.2 represents the ultimate in medical guidewire grinding, capable of holding the tightest tolerances in the industry. In the exciting field of micro-grinding, the capability of the CAM.2 to produce flats, radiuses, needle points, and non-linear shapes makes this the perfect machine to grind complex medical guidewires, dental parts, and small precision parts for various industries. Combining the latest in multi-axis servo motor control, submicron positioning, and an intuitive 15" HMI, the CAM.2 offers unmatched performance. With the CAM.2's full-fledged G-code underpinnings, direct integration with CAD/CAM packages is seamless. Previously unproduceable parts can be made easily, with minimal setup time, and with limited operator training. Previously unproduceable parts can be made easily, with minimal setup time, and with limited operator training. Glebar's ability to customize all aspects of our system, going beyond material handling to incorporate features that were previously separate operations, have saved customers time, floor space, and production costs.
· Granite Machine Bed
· The CAM.2 is built on a 2,200 pound 6" (152mm) thick granite bed, for enhanced rigidity, thermal and vibratory stability.
· Patented Feeding Process
· A conventional centerless grinder pulls the part through the machine by the work and regulating wheels
· To grind a profile, the part's position is detected by sensors and the gap between the wheels is adjusted
· Instead, the CAM.2 uses Glebar's patented dual-carriage linear motor part feed system
· Rather than monitor and react, the position, speed, and rotation are under absolute control at all times – controlling the grind with a high degree of diameter and length accuracy.
· Two Modes of Operation (OD and Centerless)
· In OD mode, a narrow wheel is used and the part is fed through a hydrostatic bushing
· In this mode, micro-grinding and any array of complex shapes including tapers, flats, radiuses, and threads are made possible
· For less complex geometries, centerless mode incorporates the best of both worlds, maintaining absolute length and diameter control while allowing for greater speed and material removal using a wider wheel
· Despite the implication, centerless mode on the CAM.2 does not use a regulating wheel, instead, it requires only a centerless fixture, greatly simplifying setup and changeover
· Automatic CNC Dressing
· The CAM.2 includes automatic CNC dressing, designed for both diamond roll or single-point dressing
· Using no physical templates, lead-in and lead-out tapers can be easily changed
· Complete forms, including radii, can be dressed accurately into both conventional and super-abrasive wheels
· The programmed wheel shape is rendered in real-time, for complete confidence in the final shape
· HMI Controls and Custom Software
· The control software is entirely developed at Glebar and is fully customizable to address your application and process
· The intuitive touch screen interface allows for ease of use and flexibility
· The machine software interface was developed to allow an unskilled operator to run many high precision machines simultaneously
· Remote Connectivity & Glebar Advanced Analytics
· This is done by using EtherCAT® by and large the fastest industrial Ethernet technology
· This machine can also interface with Glebar Advanced Analytics, our new cloud-based solution that allows operators
· and managers to remotely receive actionable real-time analytics on easy-to-read dashboards, reduce downtime. boost capacity, increase your availability and more
· P4K Compatible (Metrology Device)
· The P4K serves as a closed-loop quality control device that feeds back diameter to the control system for automatic size compensation
· Absolute control over lengths and diameters
· 6" (152mm) thick granite base, for enhanced thermal and mechanical stability
· 3D visualization of part and wheel shape
· In-line gauging
· Remote Connectivity
· Available P4K Gauging System, serves as a closed-loop quality control device that feeds back diameter to the control system for automatic size compensation
· Secondary Spindle Assembly used as a cutoff wheel; to grind slots or angular slots into a part, and can be used to generate sharp internal corners on a part
· Single Tower CAM.2 available for short parts and needles
· In-line Grit blasting for marker bands or general abrasion
· OPC (OLE for process control) server connection to SCADA or other ERP or data management systems Collect production data and machine status in real time
· Vision system integration. Grind profiles based on identifying and locating inconsistent features on a product
· Programmable retractor. Process proximal and distal grinds in one operation
· Up to 16 foot (4.8meter) autoloaders
· CNC dressing
· Run in centerless mode at centerless speeds
· In-line coining operation
· Spool Direct System
· Unlimited part library
· Unique state of the art motion control
· Full underlying G-code control
· Variable part rotation speed
· Clean and contained mist-free work envelope
· 15" HMI touchscreen interface with fully customizable software
· Multi-level password access
· CE-certification and approved safety interlocks available
· Secure remote troubleshooting and support available over the internet
· Diameter Accuracy : Resolution 0.1 µm (0.000004”)
· Grinding Diameter Capacity : Min 0.0005" (0.013mm)
· Work Wheel Diameter : 12" (305mm)
· Work Wheel Power : 3HP (2.2 kW)
· Work Wheel RPM : Variable up to 3600 RPM, 11000 SFPM (56 M/S)
· Work Wheel Length : 1" (25mm) max
· Machine Weight : 3400 lbs.
· Length Resolution : 0.1 µm (0.000004”)
GT-9AC Guide Wire Grinding System
The GT-9AC excels at precision grinding medical guidewires with multiple tapers, paddles, and even parabolic shapes, all at the fast speeds of a conventional centerless grinder. Using the latest in high speed imaging technology and a 1 micron encoder the whole length of the feeder, the machine can update the position of the wire every 0.00025" (0.006 mm) at typical grinding speeds. Faster position updates result in better length accuracy and repeatability, allowing the GT-9AC to easily hold the tighter tolerances required by today's guidewires. The GT-9AC has no fixed sensors or sensing banks! Changing wire length or wire profile is easy and takes only seconds.The maximum length of grind is limited only by the overall length of the feeding system. Things that were simply not possible before, like changing the speed of the regulating mid-profile, are accomplished effortlessly.
TF-9DHD Centerless Grinder
The TF-9DHD is an automatic infeed/thrufeed centerless micro grinder.Small in footprint, very capable grinder. Utilizing up to an 8-5/8” (219mm)wide work wheel, it is able to remove more material, faster and with better surface finishes than similar machines with narrower grinding wheels.Thismachine is superior to competing machines in the same class due to thefact that it can run a 15HP main spindle motor in such a small package. This means more material can be removed per pass than larger machines.
P4k Wire Gauging System
The fastest and most accurate profile metrology system available for long parts or multiple short parts. The P4K's strongest feature is the ease of use by line operators -- it is able to scan multiple single parts or one long part in one operation. Conventional methods measuring long components to a high degree of precision require high magnification vision systems and precision stages that require a fair amount of programming and are not suited for the factory floor. On the P4K, parts are simply clamped in a fixture and scanned with a mouse click. It has the ability to scan multiple single parts or one long part in one operation. By pulling the product through a laser gauge using a high precision linear stage, and matching diameter and length readings in real time at a rate of 10,000 readings per second, we are able to produce an astounding data set, where we gather a diameter and length reading every 30 millionths of an inch. Reporting, lot control, and data aggregation for SPC analysis are standard features. However, the P4K's strongest feature is the ease of use by line operators. The best way to determine that the P4K will meet and exceed your measurement needs is to have us perform a Gauge R&R study using your actual parts!
GFS Feeding System
Glebar already makes the most reliable feeder for Guidewire on the market using tried-and-tested vacuum feeding technology. Now we've transformed it into a stand-alone device which can seamlessly connect and feed parts into existing third-party machines including, swiss screw machines, other manual machines, etc. We've upgraded the control system and added a 7-inch color HMI for simple and easy access to all aspects of feeder operation, which would traditionally be set from the HMI on the grinder. The feeder allows multiple modes of operation, including a completely standalone cycling mode that doesn't require any signals from a grinder. The Glebar Standalone Feeding System is designed to feed long products, such as Guidewires, Catheter Bodies, Metal Tubing and many other products to other process devices.
GSR-6 Wire Deburring System
The GSR-6 was designed to deburr guidewires while automatically separating pass and fail parts. This automated process removes the operator and may prevent against Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. With its ability to automatically separate pass and failing parts, touch screen controls, wide variety of presets for radii and/or chamfers (or the ability to create your own custom configuration), the compact GSR-6 Deburring system is difficult to match in performance and ease of use.
The CAM.3 representsa new eraofmicro grindersand medical component grinding.Completely designedfrom thegroundup, the CAM.3 micro grinder is built for high performanceandefficiency.Partsarefedthrough the machine and spun at a higher velocityresultingin a quickgrindmaximizing uptimeand throughput.The CAM.3 grinding wheel runs with a 16” diameter and upto 3” wide. The work wheel is powered by a direct driveservo motorand ABEC7 spindlebearings. It can also be outfitted with an internalbalancingsystem minimizingvibration while running at high speeds.
Electrochemical Grinding (ECG)
In 2020, Glebar Company acquired Tridex Technology and Everite Machine Products world leaders in Electrochemical Grinding (ECG). Tridex and Everite focus on creative manufacturing solutions utilizing ECG technology for both standard and custom applications. ECG combines abrasive grinding and electrochemical erosion producing a more efficient, cost effective, and burr free part.
CS1-E Burr-Free Electrochemical Cutoff
The ECG process removes material with low cutting force increasing wheel life and providing a burr free, stress free part with no recast or heat affected zone. Improves production times by eliminating the need for secondary operations such as deburring, wire brus.
SG-2060 Burr-Free Electrochemical CNC Surface Grinder
Features a stationary table and optional rotary table to fit your production needs. Provides burr free and low force cutting leaving no recast or heat affected zones while cutting. Has numerous applications across many materials and industries including medical device, automotive, and aerospace.
PGS-100 Burr-Free Electrochemical Point Grinding System
The PGS-100 is a fully programmable pointing and material handling system to manufacture a wide variety of medical device points on tubing or solid wire using ECG technology. When added to the Tridex Model SG-1645 or SG-2060 electrochemical grinders, it offers very fast set-up times and can be changed over from one size to another in only minutes. It also facilitates secondary operations such as electro-polishing, bead blasting, slotting, etc. without losing point orientation. Capable of producing tri-bevel, back bevel, trocar, diamond, stylet, Franseen, and custom points.
GT-610 CNC Infeed/Thrufeed Precision Centerless System
The GT-610 CNC is the complete “lights-out” centerless grinding solution for applications where a high degree of automation, data gathering, and gauging feedback is required. Built on a mineral cast base for rigidity, vibration, and thermal stability, the GT-610 CNC weighs over 8,000 pounds. Glebar's vast experience and unique infeed centerless grinding technology shine in this higher precision machine tool, able to process challenging components, such as titanium aerospace fasteners, arthroscopic shavers, bone drill blanks, and small powdered hard metal components. This fully automated system is capable of grinding and gauging multiple components (up to 8 or more) to a high degree of precision. Configurable with pick/place gantries or six-axis robots, this machine ensures a hands-off, high production, or frequent changeover operation with the assurance of automatic size compensation and 100% inspection. The GT-610 CNC includes integrated two-axis CNC work-wheel and regulating wheel dressers capable of dressing an 8.625” (219mm) wide grinding wheel and a 10" (254mm) wide regulating wheel. Another available option is our patented programmable work rest blade, which adjusts the lateral position of the parts (when grinding).
GT-610 Infeed/Thrufeed Precision Centerless Grinding System
The highly automated GT-610 Infeed/Thrufeed Grinding System was originally designed to grind the hardest material on Earth, diamond. It now also excels at grinding metal (steel, carbide, titanium, etc.) and composite materials for the automotive, aerospace,
medical, metal, and mining industries. The machine has been field-tested in some of the harshest industrial environments, proving, again and again, its reliability and its ability to offer large capabilities, all in a small package. Enclosed on a granite bed (standard platform) for reduced vibration and thermal stability. An enclosure with mist collection protecting the operator from debris and misting offering a clean and safe work environment also comes standard. As with our GT-610 CNC, the GT-610 can also be put on a 5,000-pound mineral cast base designed for superior vibration